The Tennis Committee Roles are as follows, and include, but are not limited to, the stated responsibilities:
1. Tennis Captain - leads the Tennis Committee, managing the Tennis Section governance, strategy and objective setting, and overall achievement of objectives. Responsible for appointing employees of the Tennis Section. Chairs the Tennis Committee meetings, and is the representative of the Tennis Section on the WBC General Committee. Must be eligible to be a Club Director.
2. Membership, People & Welfare - develops and maintains a view of the Tennis Section membership, including numbers, requirements and satisfaction. Ensures actions are underway to protect and grow membership as required by the Tennis Section. Leads on defining and implementing welfare standards that safeguard Tennis Section members. Holds a Tennis Vice-Captain position to fulfil the Tennis Captain’s responsibilities when delegated.
3. Financial, Legal & Commercial - Manages the development and achievement of the Tennis Section Annual Budget. Leads fund-raising activities including sponsorship, grants and donations. Ensures the Tennis Section complies with legal requirements. Holds a Tennis Vice-Captain position to fulfil the Tennis Captain’s responsibilities when delegated.
4. Marketing & PR - Manages Tennis Section member communications (e.g. Court Circular), member recruitment (e.g. Open Days), and external media engagement. Responsible for developing and maintaining traditional media and social media communication channels. Manages the Tennis Section element of the WBC Website. Leads efforts to win Tennis Club Awards.
5. Facilities & Development - Leads the Tennis Section to ensure tennis facilities are of the highest possible standard, and represents the Tennis Section in all Club Development matters. Manages the IT infrastructure and systems used by the Tennis Section (e.g. Clubspark). Manages relationships with key suppliers for court and floodlight maintenance, etc.
6. Team Tennis - Manages the involvement and organisation of Men’s, Ladies’ and Junior teams in external club competitions (e.g. Coventry & Warwickshire League, AEGON National Club League, etc.). Ensures Team Captains are in place for each team, and WBC involvement in all leagues is well organised. Organises team practices as required. Provides feedback to the Tennis Committee about the interests and requirements of this group of members.
7. Social Tennis - Represents the interests of players who regularly participate in organised social mix-ins, and regular private play. Provides feedback to the Tennis Committee about the interests and requirements of this group of members.
8. Events - Leads the organisation of people to support the major Tennis Section events, including the Tennis Club Finals Day, social tournaments and social events. Ensures sufficient volunteers are in place for each event. Oversees the group of volunteers who enable these events to run smoothly.
9. Secretary - Supports the Tennis Captain with issuing agendas for meetings, and preparing documents for meetings. Keeps minutes of Tennis Committee meetings, and ensures Tennis Committee records are organised, securely stored, and made available (as required) to the Tennis Section Members.
10. Coaching & Tournaments - Manages all coaching, organised social mix-in and tournament activities for the Tennis Section. Coaching includes Group Coaching, Individual Coaching and Schools Coaching. The Tennis Manager role fulfils this position as an employee of the Club, and is therefore appointed to this position. The Tennis Manager manages the self-employed Coaches who work at the Club.
The members of the tennis committee are listed below.